Canon Pixma MX492 Setup Guidance
Check whether your parcel is sealed after you receive the shipment. Follow the instructions given below to unbox your Canon Pixma MX492 setup.
Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Unboxing Guidance
- Place the parcel on a steady surface after unboxing your Canon Pixma MX492 setup.
- Safeguard the accessories that came along with the printer.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the direct power socket.
- Connect the other end to the rear of your Canon printer.
- Open the cartridge access door and install the ink cartridges.
- Press the cartridge into its place until you hear a click sound.
- Follow the same step for both the ink cartridges.
- Pull the paper tray towards you.
- Load the printing sheets that are appropriate to your printer.
- Adjust the sheets using the paper width guides.
- Power On your Canon Pixma printer.
- Setup the preferences with respect to your specifications.
- Try printing a test page using your Pixma MX492.
Canon Pixma MX492 Driver Download Guidance
A driver is a necessary software which will help you to use your printer. The steps mentioned down will guide you to download the printer driver.
- Before downloading the printer driver, make a note of the Operating system’s version and printer model.
- With respect to your printer model and operating system download the printer driver.
- The printer driver will be in .exe format for Windows system and in .dmg format for Mac system.
- As a next step proceed to install the printer driver.
Steps: Canon Pixma MX492 Ink Cartridges Install
You will receive the printer package with Black and Tri-color ink cartridges. Ink cartridges can get installed by following the steps that are given below:
- Turn On your Canon Pixma MX492 setup.
- Wait until your printer remains silent.
- Meanwhile, open the orange cap on your ink cartridge.
- Do not leave the cartridge open for more than 10mins as ink may dry up on the nozzle.
- Insert the cartridge in its appropriate place and push it inwards slightly.
- Once you hear the click sound release the cartridge.
- Repeat the steps for the other ink cartridges.
- Close the cartridge access door.
- Now, print a test page using your Canon Pixma MX492 printer.
Steps: Canon Pixma MX492 Software Installation
Perform the steps below to scan using the Canon Pixma MX492 printer.
- Follow the steps given below install the driver that is compatible with your Canon Pixma MX492 setup and the OS.
- Make sure the driver that you have downloaded is compatible with your printer and the operating system.
- Double-click the driver file which will be in .exe format for Windows and in .dmg for Mac.
- Click Run and wait until the installation is completed.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions that is prompted to complete the installation.
- Connect your printer to the system when you are prompted to do so.
Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Connection Guidance
Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Setup for Windows
Wireless connection is the best way to connect your printer to any device that you wish to. Follow the mentioned steps to set up the wireless connection.
- Connect your Canon printer to the direct power socket and power it On.
- Press and hold the WPS button until you see a flashing orange light.
- A blue light will blink as your printer searches for a network.
- Make sure you connect your printer and device with a secured network.
- Once your printer is connected to a network, a solid blue light will be visible.
- Now, start printing using your Canon Pixma MX492 setup.
Canon Pixma MX492 Wireless Setup for Mac
Follow the below points to connect your printer and the Mac device wirelessly.
- Connect one end of the given USB cable to your printer and the other end to the Mac device.
- Run the Wireless Setup application.
- Click Next on the start-up page that is prompted.
- Choose the wireless setup method.
- Select the Finish option to complete the wireless setup of Mac.
- Click the Apple icon on your system.
- Choose the Print and Fax icon and choose the name of your printer from the list displayed.
- Now, try printing a test page using your Canon Pixma MX492 setup.
How to Change Ink Cartridge in Pixma MX492?
The below steps are to be followed while installing the ink cartridge in your Canon Pixma MX492 printer.
- Power On your Canon Pixma printer.
- Wait until your printer remains idle.
- Open the cartridge door of your Canon Pixma MX492 setup.
- Take any one cartridge (say tri-color ink cartridge) and remove the orange cap from it.
- Do not keep the ink cartridge out for more than 10 minutes as ink may dry on the nozzle.
- Place the ink cartridge in its respective place.
- Push the cartridge inwards slightly until you hear a click sound.
- Repeat the above steps for the other ink cartridge (black ink cartridge) and try printing using your Canon Pixma printer.
How to Scan on Canon Pixma MX492?
- Connect your printer to the direct electric socket.
- Switch On your Canon Pixma MX492 setup.
- Place the document you want to print on Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) or the scanner glass.
- If you are placing your document on the scanner glass, the print side should face down.
- In case you are placing the document on the ADF, the print side should face upwards.
- Make sure the document sheets are not crushed or folded.
- Press the Scan button on your printer and wait until your printer scans the document.
- In case if you want to scan using your system, go to Device and Printer option from the Control Panel.
- Right-click the printer’s name and then choose Scan from the list.
- Save the document to the desired location.
How to Print on Canon Pixma MX492?
- Switch On your Canon Pixma MX492 setup.
- Load appropriate printing sheets into the printer.
- Check if you have installed the ink cartridges properly.
- It is recommended to connect your printer to the direct power socket.
- Download and install the driver that is supported by the operating system and that is appropriate to your printer model.
- Open the document for print on your system.
- Choose File—–> Print option.
- The Print Preferences dialog box will open.
- You can change the layout of your document and other changes like number of copies, etc., can be done.
- Now, click Print and your Canon printer will print the document successfully.
How to Copy On Canon Pixma MX492?
- Connect your printer to the direct power socket.
- Power up the printer by pressing the power button on your Canon printer.
- Load good, unused printing sheets into the tray.
- Install the ink cartridges that are compatible with your printer.
- Place the document on the Scanner Glass or the Document feeder.
- Press the Copy button on your Pixma printer.
- Choose the number of copies that you want.
- Wait until your printer copies your document.
- After using your Canon Pixma MX492 setup, make sure to turn it off as it can reduce other printer related malfunctions that occur.
Canon Pixma MX492 setup Troubleshooting Guidance
- Canon Pixma MX492 setup won’t print due to many issues.
- Check if there is a paper jam. Remove if any.
- Verify the connections between your computer and printer.
- Also, see if the ink cartridges are out of ink. Replace them if needed.
- Update the drivers installed on your system to ensure proper printing.
- If the above solutions fail, visit the nearest service center.
- Printer not responding error will occur due to various reasons.
- There might be a paper jam, connection problems, ink cartridge installation problems, driver installation problems, etc.
- Check if there is a paper jam in the printer and remove carefully if any.
- Inspect if the connection between the computer and Canon Pixma MX492 setup is firm, else re-connect it again.
- Take out the ink cartridges and re-insert it again or replace it with new cartridges.
- Verify if the drivers are installed properly on your computer. Uninstall and re-install it again to continue printing.
The site functions independently. We intend to provide service, especially to the Canon printer users. We are, by no means, affiliated to the manufacturer and do not rely on them for providing service. Any image, logo, or trademark mentioned on the site have been acknowledged. We are not liable to any loss or damage occurred in connection to the website or the information contained in it. Go through our statement of policies carefully before using the site.
Copyright © 2020 - 2021 | All rights are reserved