Complete Canon Pixma MG6821 Setup Guidance
Canon Pixma MG6821 Printer Unboxing Guide
- Unpack the printer box and take the printer out of it.
- Clear off the packaging covers from the Canon Pixma MG6821 setup.
- Unfasten the protective tapes and stickers on top of the printer surface.
- Take the other printer accessories from the package.
- Connect "one end" of the power at the rear of the printer port and "another end" to the power socket.
- Press the ON/Power button to the turn the printer active and the power light starts blinking.
- Go to the touchscreen control panel and set the basic preferences.
- Choose the language and accept the safety instructions and Getting Started instructions.
How to Load Paper in Canon Pixma MG 6821 Printer?
- Align the paper edges on a flat surface before loading.
- Flatten the curled paper or remove it.
- Gently open the front cover of the printer.
- Pull the tank outside of the printer until it stops.
- Slide both the paper guides using the tab that situates at the right side.
- Insert the short edge first into the tray.
- Load paper in the center of the input bin.
- Keep the paper with the print side facing down.
- Slide the paper guide and make it rest on the edges of the aligned paper.
- Hold the right tab of the front cover and move the bin inside.
- Push the bin inside the printer until the front cover arrow matches with the arrow on the machine.
- When the machine’s control panel prompts to choose the type and size of loaded paper, select it.
- After setting up, tap OK to save the changes.
- Drag the output tray and its extender out.
How to Install Ink Tank in Canon Pixma MG6821 Printer?
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Open the front lid of the Canon Pixma MG6821 Setup.
- Raise the operation panel until it stops at a place.
- Open the output tray after opening the operation panel.
- Hold on until the printhead holding the carriage moves to the center.
- Wait until the carriage rests at a position and becomes silent.
- Unpack the new ink tank from the cover.
- Remove the plastic tapes from the tank.
- Hold the tank with the orange cap pointing up.
- Lift the tab on the cap and remove it slowly.
- Insert the ink tank in a slant angle into the printhead.
- Assure that the color label on the slot matches the tank label.
- Press on the ink tank top to firmly fix the ink tank into the slot.
- Close the operation panel slowly.
- When the panel displays a message, tap OK.
How to Check Ink Levels in Canon Pixma MG6821 Printer?
- Make sure the printer is active.
- Check if the HOME screen is displayed. If it is not shown, press the HOME button.
- Locate the Setup icon on the control panel and tap it.
- Tap the Estimated ink levels option.
- If the ink level icon appears with an exclamatory symbol, then replace the ink cartridge with a new one.
Canon IJ Network Tool Support
IJ Network Tool is a utility that allows to display and modify the network settings of your printer. It is automatically installed when you set up the machine for the first time.
How to Set Up IJ Network Tool in Canon Pixma 6821 Printer?
In Windows 8/8.1
- Search for IJ Network Tool on the Windows Start screen.
- Start IJ Network Tool when you find it.
- In Windows 7/ Windows Vista/ Windows XP:
- Click the Start button. Choose the All Programs menu. Click Canon Utilities from the All programs menu. Click IJ Network Tool to start.
Canon Pixma MG6821 Wireless Guidance
How to Setup Wireless Network On Canon MG6821 Printer?
- Establish a wireless network on the router.
- Protect the router’s network connection using a network SSID and wireless password.
- Turn on your Canon Pixma MG6821 setup after connecting to a power socket firmly.
- While you are setting up the printer for the first time, the operation panel prompts you to choose the connection method.
- Tap the Wireless LAN connection option.
- When it prompts to confirm the wireless LAN connection, press Yes.
- When a Starting Guide message appears on the panel display, press the Stop button.
- Now the Canon machine’s operation panel displays Starting Wireless LAN mode.
- Press OK to start the Wireless LAN method.
- When the panel screen prompts as Select a WLAN setup method, select the Standard setup option.
- Wait until the printer searches for the nearby network.
- Tap your network SSID and enter the passphrase to connect to the network.
- If your network SSID is not listed, tap Search again.
How to Change Wireless Settings on Wireless LAN Sheet?
- Turn on the Wireless Network router.
- Using the USB cable, connect the computer and printer temporarily.
- If you change the wireless settings of the computer without a USB connection, your Canon machine and computer may fail to communicate after changing the wireless network settings.
- Start up the IJ Network Tool on your computer.
- Choose the Printer option from the Printers tab.
- Note: If you have connected Canon Pixma MG6821 setup to the computer using a USB cable, then choose the printer with the name USBxxx (where x is number) in the Port Name column.
- Choose the Configuration option in the Settings menu.
- Now the Configuration dialog box opens on the screen.
- Click on the Wireless LAN tab to display the Wireless LAN sheet.
- Check and edit various wireless connection settings.
- To configure a new router network, enter the router network SSID and click the Search option.
- Select the encryption method and click Configuration.
- Select Get IP address manually to use an IP address that is automatically by a DHCP server.
- Note: To turn this option active, you must have activated the DHCP server functionality on your wireless router.
- After changing the settings, click OK to save the changes.
How to Download Canon MP Driver for Pixma MG6821 Printer?
Turn on your computer to which your printer is connected. Open a web browser application and search for the Canon site. When the Canon website opens up, type your printer model name in the search box and start searching. Now the printer model appears on the screen. Click on the Drivers & Downloads tab. Choose your computer operating system and language to view the drivers that support your printer model under Drivers. Download the required driver file from the list of available drivers. You can also download the required driver for your Windows or Mac Operating system from the link provided below.
How to Install Canon Pixma MG6821 Printer Driver?
- Turn off the Canon Pixma MG6821 setup before starting the installation process.
- Switch on your computer if it is not active already.
- Enter the administrator Username and password to log in to the administrator account.
- Download the driver file to your computer.
- Open the downloaded driver file from the browser path.
- Extract the compressed driver file.
- Right-click on the Setup.exe file and run it as an administrator to start the Canon Installer.
- Do the action appropriately as per the installation instructions are shown on your computer screen.
- Agree with the driver installation conditions and software usage terms.
- Select the connection type and complete the MP driver installation process.
- Click Complete to finish the installation process.
- When your computer prompts to restart it, complete the action to apply the changes you made on your device.
Canon IJ Scan Utility Support
IJ Scan Utility is an application that lets you scan documents and photos easily. It is possible to do a scan to saving it by simply clicking the appropriate icon with the help of IJ Scan Utility.
How to Start IJ Scan Utility in Canon Pixma MG6821 Printer?
In Windows 8/8.1: Click on the IJ Scan Utility icon to open the application. Search for the IJ Scan Utility software on the Start screen to launch IJ Scan utility.
In Windows XP/ Vista/ 7: Click on the Start menu. Select All Programs from the Start menu. Click Canon Utilities -> IJ Scan utility -> IJ Scan Utility to launch the application.
How to Scan in Canon Pixma MG6821 Printer?
- Make sure your Canon Pixma MG6821 setup is switched on.
- Raise the scanner lid slowly until it stops at a place.
- Place the item on the scanner and lower the scanner cover.
- Start the IJ Scan Utility application.
- Click the Auto tab and start scanning.
- If you need to scan a document, click the Document option.
- To scan a Photo, click on the Photo tab.
- Customize the scan settings by clicking the Custom option.
How to Scan using IJ Scan Utility?
- Turn on your Canon Pixma MG6821 Setup and computer.
- Launch the Start IJ Scan Utility application.
- Click the Settings tab to open the Settings (Scan and Stitch) dialog box.
- Set the preferred settings like item type, resolution, etc., and save the changes you made.
- Click OK once the settings are complete.
- Select the Stitch tab on the IJ Scan Utility window.
- In the Select Output Size drop-down list and choose the output according to the size of the paper.
- In Scan Direction, select the Scan from Left option.
- Open the scanner platen and place the item that at the left side of the screen.
- Place the printed document on the platen.
- Click the Start Scanning Image 1 option.
- Now the first scanned item appears at the left side of the computer.
- Place the item that needs to be printed on the right side.
- Select the Start Scanning Image 2 option.
- When both sides of the scan appear on your computer screen, edit the necessary appearance settings.
- Save all the changes and click Save to save the combined image.
Canon Pixma MG6821 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
- Ensure that the Canon Pixma MG6821 setup is turned on.
- Confirm whether the router is active, and the network connection is enabled.
- Ensure that the network SSID, passphrase, and other wireless settings match the router network settings.
- Make sure that the Canon machine and computer are not placed far away from the router.
- Ensure that there are no obstructions and source of radio wave interruption is nearby the router.
- Ensure the computer network settings are correct and properly connected to the router.
- Make sure the router’s wireless network signal is strong.
- Check if you are connected to an appropriate network channel.
- Ensure that the computer and Canon printer are connected to the same network.
- Do not link too many devices to the network.
- Make sure that the network settings are proper.
- Uninstall the outdated MP drivers from your computer.
- Check the manufacturer’s site to download the latest version of MP driver.
- Install the updated MP driver, firmware on your computer.
- Ensure that the Pixma MG6821 Setup and computer are connected to the same network.
- Load a sufficient amount of paper into the paper tray.
- In the case of a blank printout, check the ink levels of the installed cartridges.
- Replace the empty ink cartridge with a new cartridge.
- Ensure that you have loaded only suggested number of paper into the input tray.
- Make sure the network connection has high-speed internet access.
- Place the Canon Pixma MG6821 setup and computer closer to the router.
- Avoid any source of radio wave interference between your router and the printer.
- Set the proper printing settings in the Printer Driver Setup window.
- Turn on the "Canon Pixma MG6821 Setup".
- Press the Home button to enter the home screen of your printer.
- "Select" on the operation panel and choose Settings.
- Enter the Settings menu and tap Device Settings.
- "Select" Reset setting.
- "Tap" Reset all to restore the printer default settings.
- Now all the settings will restore to default, and the specified administrator password is also set to the default setting.
The site functions independently. We intend to provide service, especially to the Canon printer users. We are, by no means, affiliated to the manufacturer and do not rely on them for providing service. Any image, logo, or trademark mentioned on the site have been acknowledged. We are not liable to any loss or damage occurred in connection to the website or the information contained in it. Go through our statement of policies carefully before using the site.
Copyright © 2020 - 2021 | All rights are reserved