Complete Canon Pixma MG5721 Setup Guide
There are some initial steps to be done to start using your printer effectively. The printer setup involves setting up the device for the first time and bringing it to the ready state. Follow the below-mentioned procedure to Canon Pixma MG5721 Setup.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Unboxing and Setting Up
- Firstly, unbox your printer and place it on a flat surface.
- Remove all the protective materials from your Canon Pixma MG5721 setup.
- You can send those materials for the recycling process.
- Connect the printer to a power socket without using any surge protectors.
- Power On your Canon printer by pressing its Power button.
- Wait until the carriage of your printer moves to one end and becomes idle.
- "Install" the ink tanks into your Canon printer.
- Load the printing sheets in the input tray.
- Now, download and install the printer software on the system you wish to use.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Printer Download Guide
Canon Pixma MG5721 Driver
A printer driver enables communication between your printer and the system connected to it. There are separate driver files for Windows and Mac operating systems. Proceed with the steps mentioned below to download the printer driver.
- n this website, key in the printer model for which you want to download the driver.
- he web page loading speed may vary according to the network strength.
- nce the page is loaded, navigate to the Driver section.
- hoose the compatible driver file and select the Download button.
- fter downloading the printer driver, begin the installation.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Manual
Manual is a guide to which you can refer and get to know the details about Canon Pixma MG5721 setup. It provides us the information on how to set up the device and perform the printer functions. The troubleshooting steps for some printer issues will also be provided.
- Use any web browser to download the manual for the Canon Pixma MG5721 printer.
- Ensure that the network connectivity is good.
- Type and search the printer model for which you want the manual in the search bar.
- Navigate to the manual section and press the Download button.
- The printer manual will open in a separate tab on the browser in the PDF format.
- You can either refer it online or save it for future use.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Driver Installation Guide
You can install the driver using the installation CD-ROM that came along with your printer. As an alternate option, you can download the driver online from a trusted website.
- Double-click the downloaded driver file on your system.
- Click Run when the Installer Window opens.
- "Choose" the Type Of Connection when you are prompted to do so.
- Detach the USB connection made with your Canon printer while installing the driver. You can connect the cable when a pop-up message displays.
- Click Next and wait until the installation is complete.
- Go through the License Agreement displayed and agree with it by marking the checkbox.
- Press the Finish button to complete the installation.
- Set your device as the Default Printer in the Windows system. Similarly, in a Mac device, click the Apple icon, then System Preferences, and then Printers and Scanners.
- Add your printer to the list by clicking the ( + ) Symbol if your printer name is not displayed. If the name of your printer is displayed on the list, you will have to remove and re-add the printer to the list.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Ink Tank Installation
You will have to install the ink tanks in your printer to perform the printer functions. Follow the guidelines below to perform the ink tank installation.
- Turn On your Canon Pixma MG5721 setup.
- Open the operation panel and the paper output tray of your printer.
- Do not disturb the printhead until it stops at one end of the printer.
- Remove the film on the ink tank slowly and pull out the orange cap from it.
- Do not make any contact with the nozzle on the tanks.
- Insert the tank by matching with the color labels on the slot and push them down gently until you hear a click sound.
- Once you the red light on the tank displays, insert the other tanks.
- Repeat the above steps for installing the remaining ink tanks.
- Close the paper output tray and the operation panel.
- Check if the Auto Printhead Alignment message is displayed on the screen after 2 minutes. Press the OK button.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Paper Loading Guidance
You will have to load the printing sheets recommended by the manufacturer only. If you are loading a paper of different size into the tray, alter the settings accordingly on your printer. Follow the guidelines mentioned below to load the paper into the tray.
- Power On your Canon Pixma MG5721 printer.
- Access and pull the paper tray out from your printer.
- Load the printing sheets into the tray and adjust the paper width guides.
- Remove if there are any inappropriate printing sheets.
- Do not insert the printing sheets that have folded edges.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Wireless Connection
You can connect your printer using the Ethernet cable or the router to establish a wireless connection. Follow the instructions given below to establish the connection with your Canon Pixma MG5721 setup.
- Press the Home button on your printer.
- Choose the LAN Settings option and then press the left function key.
- Tap Change LAN and press the OK button.
- Pick the Activate Direct Connect option and tap the OK button.
- Now, select Yes —> OK.
- Check the SSID name on the display panel, and then press the right function key.
- Tap Yes—> Ok. Connect your system to the same network that your printer is using. The bandwidth of the network should range between 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Mobile Printing Guidance
Canon Pixma MG5721’s mobile printing feature allows you to print from any smart device like mobile phones, tablets, etc. Ensure that you connect your printer and the device to the same wireless network
Canon Pixma MG5721 AirPrint Setup
- Ensure that your Mac is running on the latest version.
- Turn On your Canon Pixma MG5721 setup.
- Open System Preferences and select the Printer and Scanners option on your Mac device.
- Click the + icon to display the list of printers.
- Pick the name of the printer that is listed as Bonjour Multifunction.
- From the Use menu, select the Secure AirPrint or AirPrint option.
- Choose the Add option. Now, check if the printer is in the ready state.
- Open the application/ file/ image you want to print, then choose the printer that has the term AirPrint added to its name from the Print Dialog box.
- Do the changes that are necessary and press the Print button.
Canon Pixma MG5721 CloudPrint Setup
To print from Google Cloud Print, you must have a Google account. Register your printer with the Google account.
- Existing Google account can log into their account directly. If you do not have an account, create one.
- To register your printer, open any web browser on your computer and select the Chrome menu.
- Choose Settings —-> Show Advanced Settings. Select the Manage option from the Google Cloud Print section.
- Select the Canon MG5700 printer series and then choose the Add Printers option.
- Press Ok when the confirmation message displays.
- On connecting to the Cloud Print account, a confirmation message pops-up on the control panel of your printer. Press OK.
- Open any document and start performing the printer function.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Mopria App Guide
- To enable the Mopria option on your smart device, download the Mopria app from the Play Store.
- You can download the app from the Mopria website also.
- Open the application or document you want to print from and press the App or Share menu.
- Locate and click on the Print option.
- On clicking the print option, select your Canon Pixma MG5721 setup from the list.
- Perform the changes if necessary and click Print.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Printer Functions
Canon Pixma MG5721 Print Setup
You can perform the print function easily using your Canon Pixma MG5721 setup. Follow the guidelines mentioned below to perform the print function.
- Check if you have installed the printer driver.
- Load the printing sheets into the printer, and insert the ink tanks in their respective slots.
- Open any document on your system.
- Perform the changes that are necessary and click File —-> Print.
- You can also press the Ctrl + P keys to initiate the print function.
- The Print Properties dialog box will open.
- Alter the default settings if needed. For example, you can change the Layout, choose the Number of Copies, and many more.
- Click the Print button to begin the printing process.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Scan Setup
Scanning is the process of having a copy of the document. You can perform the scan function easily by following the steps mentioned below.
- Ensure that your printer is turned On.
- Place the file on the Platen of your printer to perform the scan function.
- Launch the IJ Scan Utility and select the Auto option.
- If you want to alter the settings, you can perform the same by pressing the Settings button.
- Click OK after performing the changes.
- You can either choose Document/ Photo, or customize the scanning process using the Scan Utility tool.
- After scanning, preview the scanned document, and save it for future use.
How to Reset Canon Pixma MG5721 Printer?
Sometimes performing the reset will resolve the issues. Follow the below-mentioned guidelines to perform the Canon Pixma printer reset.
- Power On your Canon Pixma MG5721 setup.
- Tap Home and choose the Setup option.
- Touch the Device Settings —–> Reset Setting option.
- Select one of the Web Service Setup Only, Lan Settings Only, Settings Only, Device Info Sending Setting Only, Reset All options.
- With respect to your choice, your printer will perform the Reset operation.
- Select Yes followed by OK to confirm the selection made.
Canon Pixma MG5721 Setup Troubleshooting Guide
Troubleshooting is carrying out a series of steps to find why a problem has occurred and resolve the same. We have listed some issues and the steps for resolving them.
- Power Off your Canon printer and disconnect the external connections made.
- Open the operation panel on your printer until it locks to a position.
- Check if the paper is jammed under the printhead holder.
- Slowly, remove the jammed paper from your printer. Pull the paper out if the sheet is rolled.
- Ensure that you do not tear the sheet. Take out the small pieces of sheet stuck inside your printer.
- Now, close the operation panel of your printer and try printing a document as per your wish.
- Check if your printer is plugged into the correct socket and power it On.
- Ensure that you connect Canon Pixma MG5721 setup to a secured home network.
- Take out the printing sheets that are crushed or not good.
- Install genuine ink tanks in their slot properly.
- Ensure that the size, type and quality of printing sheets you have loaded match with the print media specifications of the printer.
- If you are loading paper of a different size, alter the settings on your printer. Now, try to print using your Pixma printer.
- Check if the ink level in the tank is low or empty.
- Remove the orange tape carefully from your printer without touching the electric nozzle.
- Inspect the printhead nozzle and print the Nozzle Check Pattern.
- Perform printhead cleaning. Tap the Home icon and touch Setup —-> Maintenance —-> OK.
- Select Cleaning and then tap the OK button. Once again select Yes followed by OK.
- Wait until the printhead cleaning is completed. Choose Yes and then OK to perform the nozzle check pattern.
- Power On your printer and check if you have installed the driver files necessary for your printer.
- Check if the router is turned On.
- Place the router close to your printer and remove other devices that can cause interference.
- Check if you are connecting your printer to the network that has a bandwidth range of 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz.
- Enter the credentials for the chosen secured network correctly to establish the wireless connection successfully.
- If the above steps did not help in resolving the steps, then reset your Canon Pixma MG5721 setup.
The site functions independently. We intend to provide service, especially to the Canon printer users. We are, by no means, affiliated to the manufacturer and do not rely on them for providing service. Any image, logo, or trademark mentioned on the site have been acknowledged. We are not liable to any loss or damage occurred in connection to the website or the information contained in it. Go through our statement of policies carefully before using the site.
Copyright © 2020 - 2021 | All rights are reserved