Complete Canon Pixma IP7220 Setup Guidance
The Canon Pixma IP7220 Setup is a wireless, inkjet printer that can economically produce photo lab quality prints at high resolution and speed. It has a built-in Auto Duplex printing feature and lets you print on CD and DVDs.
Canon Pixma IP7220 Printer Unboxing Guide
- Unpack the printer. Clear all the packaging material from the inside and outside of the printer.
- Connect the printer to a power supply using the power cord.
- Power on the Canon Pixma IP7220 Setup.
- "Unpack" the new cartridges. Remove the orange tapes and the cap.
- Raise the top cover and insert the cartridges into the respective slots.
- "Check" if the lamps are lit. Close the top cover after closing the inner cover.
- "Draw" the cassette out, load enough paper into it, and slide it back into the printer.
- Press the Open button and pull the paper output support.
- Look for the blue-black button and press it to align the printhead.
Canon Pixma IP7220 Printer Driver Assistance
Canon Pixma IP7220 Driver
A driver is essential for accessing the printer from a device. A full feature driver enables you to perform all the printer functions. You can use the Driver Download button provided on the page to get the most recent version of the driver.
Canon Pixma IP7220 Manual
A small manual booklet is delivered along with the printer for the reference purpose. The manufacturer’s site offers you different guides. You can see a Setup Guide, a Getting Started guide that solely describes the Canon Pixma IP7220 setup, and a complete User guide for Windows and Mac separately. You can get a complete user manual for your printer model by clicking the Manual Download button.
Steps: Canon Pixma IP7220 Driver Download
- Open the manufacturer’s website and search for the Canon Pixma IP7220 setup model.
- Go to the Drivers and Downloads section, and confirm your operating system and its version.
- Select a language. Click Download against the full software package.
- Else, give a single click on the Driver Download button to download the driver.
- Save the downloaded file to a storage location on your computer.
- Double-click the setup file to begin the installation.
Canon Pixma IP7220 Driver Installation Guide
- Remove any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- If you have a setup CD-ROM, insert it into your computer’s disk drive and run the setup files.
- Double-click the .exe or .dmg file (depending on your operating system) to begin the driver installation.
- Provide the administrator details if prompted.
- Follow the prompts appearing on each setup screen of the installer.
- Select an appropriate connection type, and connect the printer and computer.
- On the final prompt screen, click Complete.
- Restart the computer if prompted.
- Print a document or photo to verify the setup.
Canon Pixma IP7220 Printer Connection Guide
Wireless setup for the printer can be carried out by using the Standard Connection method or WPS method. Simple instructions for setting up the printer on a wireless network is given below.
Canon Pixma IP7220 Wireless Connection
- Power on your Canon Pixma IP7220 Setup.
- Locate the Wi-Fi button on the control panel and press it.
- When the button flashes blue, immediately go to your router and press the WPS button on it. This should happen within 2 minutes.
- The blue lamp on the printer will stop flashing once the printer connects to the network.
- Hold the Resume/Cancel buttons together until the Power light flashes six times.
- A network configuration prints. Make sure the network SSID is displayed and the connection status of the printer is active.
- If you want to use the Standard connection method for connecting the printer to your network, install the printer driver as an initial step.
- On the installation screen, choose the wireless connection type.
- Connect the printer to your network when prompted.
- Choose Cableless setup on the Setup Procedure Selection screen. Wait until the setup is complete.
Canon Pixma IP7220 AirPrint Setup
- Connect your printer and Apple device to the same network.
- Load enough sheets into the printer’s input tray.
- Select the item for printing and touch the Share icon.
- Touch the Print icon, and select the printer’s name from the Printer Options menu.
- Set the number of copies you need.
- Modify other print settings if required, and tap Print.
- The printer receives and prints the item.
Steps: Canon IP7220 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Open the top cover of your Canon Pixma IP7220 Setup.
- Wait for the printhead to halt.
- Press the cartridge down to release it from the slot and remove it.
- Unwrap the new ink tank. Peel off the orange tapes on them and remove the orange cap.
- With the front end towards the printer, fix the tank in a slant position.
- Slightly press the tank down until it snaps into place.
- Close the top cover.
- When you print, the printer will automatically perform printhead cleaning.
- Remove the ink tank from the slot.
- Place the ink tank on a clean paper towel.
- Peel off the label and find the refill holes on the ink tank.
- Drill the holes using a thumb drill.
- Get a syringe and attach a needle to it.
- Fill the ink into the syringe. For black ink, fill up to 15 ml of ink into the syringe.
- If you are refilling the color ink tank, you can fill up to 5 ml ink into your ink tank.
- Reinsert the ink tank, and close the top cover.
How to Connect Canon Pixma IP7220 Printer to a Computer?
- Power on the printer and wait until it is silent.
- Download the most recent version of the printer driver from the manufacturer’s site.
- Install the driver by following the setup prompts of the installer.
- Make sure to select the USB connection type when prompted.
- Plug one end of the cable into the printer and the other end into your computer.
- The computer detects the printer and connects to it.
- Once the installation completes, print a test page to verify the setup.
- If you want to connect the printer wirelessly to your computer, first connect the Canon Pixma IP7220 setup to your network.
- Connect your computer to the same network.
- Configure the printer for the wireless setup, and proceed to print.
Guide: Check Ink Level in Canon Pixma IP7220 Printer
- Click the Devices and Printers option from the Start menu on your computer.
- Find the printer icon and right-click it.
- Select the Printing Preferences option to open the Printer Driver Setup window.
- Click the Maintenance tab and select the View Printer Status option.
- Click the Ink Details option to view the status of the installed ink tanks.
- If you have a Mac OS, open the Canon IJ Printer Utility window.
- Select the Ink Level Information option.
- Click the Ink Details option and view all the ink-related information.
Steps: Canon Pixma IP7220 Print Setup
- Power up your Canon Pixma iP7220 printer, and make sure it is connected to your Canon Pixma IP7220 setup.
- Pull out the input tray and load enough paper into it.
- Check if the ink tanks are properly installed.
- Open the document for printing using a suitable application.
- Click the File menu and select Print.
- Choose the printer’s name and select the Preferences option.
- Click the Page Setup tab and select an appropriate page size.
- Change the other print settings as you require, and click the OK tab.
- Finally, click the Print tab. Wait while the printer prints the document.
How to Reset Canon Pixma IP7220 Printer?
- To perform a power reset, plug out the power cord from the printer while the printer is turned on.
- Remove the cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Reconnect the cord into the wall outlet and then to the printer.
- Power up your Canon Pixma IP7220 setup.
- You can also reset the printer using the setup menu on your printer.
- Go to the Device Settings option and select OK.
- Choose the Resetting option and then press OK to confirm.
Canon Pixma IP7220 Setup Troubleshooting Guidance
Common issues that a printer encounters during printing can be resolved without the need for the intervention of a technician. Some of the printer issues and the instructions for fixing them are provided below.
- If the printer and computer are connected using a USB cable, remove the cable and examine it.
- Make sure the cable is properly secured into the ports on computer and printer.
- If the printer and computer are connected over a wireless network, check the network connection status. Move the printer close to the router.
- Remove any paper from the input tray. Align a stack of plain paper and place it in the tray.
- Take the ink tanks out and reseat them properly into their slots. Replace the ones that are empty. Check if you can print.
- Make sure the Canon Pixma IP7220 setup is set as the default printing source.
- Ensure that all the print settings match the type of your print job.
- Remove and reinstall the printer driver. You can get the updated version of the driver from the manufacturer’s site.
- Go to the manufacturer’s site and download any firmware updates for the printer.
- You can see the Alarm light flashing orange when an error occurs on the printer.
- The type of error can be determined with the number of flashes.
- Your computer and printer should be connected.
- Check for any jammed paper and remove them.
- The codes 1700 and 1710 represent ink tank error. Press the Resume/Cancel button and proceed to print.
- The error code 2500 indicates that the printhead alignment has failed. Press the Resume/Cancel button on the printer and print a nozzle check pattern. Perform a deep printhead cleaning and then align it.
- If the code 1684 appears, it means that the ink tank could not be recognized. In such a case, remove and re-insert the ink tanks. Replace the cartridges if a message displays prompting you to do so.
- If you see the code 5100, cancel the printing operation and power off the printer. Remove any obstructions hindering the printhead movement.
- Cancel any print job in progress, and turn off your Canon Pixma IP7220 setup.
- Check the printer’s output slot and remove any jammed paper from it. Use both your hands to pull the paper out without tearing it.
- Open the top cover and check for any jammed paper. If the paper is under the printhead, move the printhead to the left or right side and pull the paper out using both of your hands.
- Make sure there are no torn paper bits left inside the printer and the side spaces.
- Close the top cover. Now pull out the rear cover and clear any jammed paper.
- Detach the transport unit cover and pull out any jammed paper. Reinsert the cover.
- Check the output slot and clear any foreign objects.
- Restart the router, printer, and your computer. The printer is now ready to make a new network connection.
- Ensure that the router settings and the printer’s network settings match.
- Move the printer close to your router. Reconnect the Canon Pixma IP7220 setup to the router and proceed to print now.
- Make sure there are objects emitting radio wave that can impact the network signal.
- Check if many networks are using the Wi-Fi Channel. If so, switch to a different channel.
- If your Canon printer is turned on, turn it off and then power it up again.
- Ensure that the printer is connected through the wireless LAN to the same network as your iOS device.
- Update the printer firmware to the version supported by the printer.
- Make sure there are no error messages displayed on the printer.
- Check if you can print your document directly from the printer driver. If you are unable to print, the issue is with the Canon Pixma IP7220 setup.
- AirPrint cannot be used if Bonjour is disabled. So make sure it is enabled.
The site functions independently. We intend to provide service, especially to the Canon printer users. We are, by no means, affiliated to the manufacturer and do not rely on them for providing service. Any image, logo, or trademark mentioned on the site have been acknowledged. We are not liable to any loss or damage occurred in connection to the website or the information contained in it. Go through our statement of policies carefully before using the site.
Copyright © 2020 - 2021 | All rights are reserved